🚀 Exciting News! 🚀
We’re building a brand new Criminal Justice Hub website just for you!
Our mission? To empower you and your community with clearer, more accessible guidance to navigate the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales.
🔍 We Need Your Insight! 🔍
Our Service Design Team is all ears and eager to shape this new journey alongside you. Your recommendations and feedback are invaluable. Be a part of the transformation and help us create a platform that truly resonates with your needs.
📝 Share Your Thoughts Here! 📝
11 September 2023Deputy Chief Magistrate Tan Ikram ordered Mr. Khalife to remain in custody until his appearance at the Old Bailey on September 29th. It is alleged that Mr. Khalife escaped from HMP Wandsworth on September 6th by attaching himself beneath a food delivery truck using a material created from bed sheets with clips at each end.
9 February 2023Lancashire Police are appealing for information relating to Nicola Bulley who has been missing from home since last Friday morning (January 27) and hasn't been seen since.
27 September 2022Following the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday 8 September 2022, all Queen’s Counsel (QC) have become King’s Counsel (KC).
27 September 2022The Victims' Commissioner for England and Wales has said she will not renew her term after telling Justice Secretary Brandon Lewis the “criminal justice system is in chaos”.
8 July 2022The Home Secretary Priti Patel has today (8th July 2022) announced the appointment of Sir Mark Rowley as the new Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service.
22 June 2022
An inspection of the Metropolitan Police Service’s counter-corruption arrangements and other matters related to the Daniel Morgan Independent Panel
22 March 2022
16 December 2021
- Consultation outcome: A consultation on the implementation process for applying a 30-year time limit for claims on the Unclaimed Balances fund 8 December 2023An opportunity to comment on the mechanism for surrender of dormant funds in the Court Funds Office which remain unclaimed for 30 years or more.HM Government
- Guidance: Discretionary Friday/Pre-Bank Holiday Release Scheme Policy Framework 8 December 2023Operational guidance for prison and probation staff on the implementation of the Discretionary Friday/Pre-Bank Holiday Release Scheme.HM Government
- Transparency data: Prison population figures: 2023 8 December 2023Latest prison population figures for 2023.HM Government
- Transparency data: Migrants detected crossing the English Channel in small boats 10 December 2023Data on the number of migrants detected crossing the English Channel in small boats without permission to enter the UK each day, from 1 January 2018.HM Government
- Policy paper: Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration) Bill 8 December 2023New legislation to make clear that Rwanda is a safe country for asylum seekers.HM Government
- Transparency data: Home Office spending over £25,000: 2023 8 December 2023Details of all Home Office spending over £25,000 for 2023.HM Government
- Man who brutally stabbed young father to death convicted of murder 10 December 2023A violent man has been convicted of murder after brutally stabbing another man to death just yards away from his father.cps
- Man who posed as model agency scout to blackmail children into sending him indecent images jailed 10 December 2023A man who blackmailed children into sending him indecent images of themselves over social media has today been jailed. Ishmael Lance Duncan, 24, was sentenced to 18 years imprisonment plus a six-year extended licence at Inner London Crown Court on 1 December 2023 after he pleaded guilty to a total of 50 charges relating to […]cps
- Ringleader of multi-million pound cocaine importing gang is convicted 10 December 2023The ringleader of a gang who conspired to import millions of pounds worth of cocaine has been convicted. Helios Nanaj, 37, was found guilty of conspiring to supply controlled Class A drugs and conspiring to import drugs following a trial at Gloucester Crown Court. Nanaj was successfully prosecuted following a rigorous investigation by Gloucestershire Constabulary’s […]cps
- Speech by HHJ Pelling KC: Issues in Crypto Currency Claims 7 December 2023Read this speech by his Honour Judge Pelling KC, Judge in Charge of the London Circuit Commercial Court The post Speech by HHJ Pelling KC: Issues in Crypto Currency Claims appeared first on Courts and Tribunals Judiciary.Bushra Kherallah
- Speech by Lord Justice Colin Birss: Is a focus on data the way to improve access to justice in a multifaceted world? 6 December 2023The Deputy Head of Civil Justice speaks at the 24th Competition Law Association Burrell Lecture The post Speech by Lord Justice Colin Birss: Is a focus on data the way to improve access to justice in a multifaceted world? appeared first on Courts and Tribunals Judiciary.Bushra Kherallah
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2023: A Personal Perspective with Dr Tom Wells MBE 4 December 2023Tribunal Member Dr Tom Wells MBE shares his reflections and experience for International Day of Persons with Disabilities The post International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2023: A Personal Perspective with Dr Tom Wells MBE appeared first on Courts and Tribunals Judiciary.Bushra Kherallah
- Children in custody NEW
- Am I allowed to use the phone in prison, and who can I call?
- Secure Children’s Home (SCH) Finder
- What will happen to my children if I go to prison?
- What is the Incentives and Earned Privileges Scheme (IEPS)?
- What is the food like in prison?
- Can my loved ones visit me in prison?
- When will a young person be given a custodial sentence?
- What happens to my home if I go to prison?
- What does being released on Temporary Licence mean?