7 March 2021The inquiry, known as the Westminster Commission, heard concerns that the CCRC’s independence had been undermined by “unlawful interference” on the part of the government.
2 March 2021Response to the Justice Committee Ninth Report of Session 2014 to 2015, 'Prisons: Planning and Policies'.
2 March 2021Lucy Frazer QC MP has been appointed as Solicitor General
2 March 2021HMYOI Wetherby was found by inspectors from HM Inspectorate of Prisons in January 2021 to have made improvements in safety and the care of children since the previous inspection in the early months of the pandemic.
Tasks & Guides
- Research: The Development of a Scale for General Paraphilia 7 May 2021 HM Government
- Research: HM Courts & Tribunals Service Reform Evaluation Framework 7 May 2021 HM Government
- Reappointment of 3 Commissioners to the Judicial Appointments Commission 7 May 2021 HM Government
- Guidance: Publish an annual modern slavery statement 6 May 2021 HM Government
- Guidance: Process for submitting a government modern slavery statement 6 May 2021 HM Government
- Consultation outcome: Police powers: pre-charge bail 6 May 2021 HM Government
Criminal Justice Hub on Twitter
- News story: North Yorkshire rapist jailed for longer 5 May 2021Dariush Behdarvandi-Aidi has had his sentence increased following intervention by the Attorney General, Rt Hon Michael Ellis QC MP.HM Government
- Statistical data set: Outcome of unduly lenient sentence referrals 4 May 2021Recent sentences examined by the Attorney General’s Office under the Unduly Lenient Sentence Scheme.HM Government