An inspection of the Metropolitan Police Service’s counter-corruption arrangements and other matters related to the Daniel Morgan Independent Panel
22 March 2022The Home Secretary commissioned Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS) to undertake a thematic inspection of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) following the independent panel review of the MPS’s handling of the investigation into Daniel Morgan’s murder.
16 December 2021The Independent Review of Criminal Legal Aid has looked at ensuring the long-term sustainability of the criminal legal aid system. The review is chaired by Sir Christopher Bellamy QC, who has put forward his conclusions and proposals to the Lord Chancellor in 2021.
18 November 2021A College of Policing publication provides a framework to ensure vulnerable people receive appropriate help during interactions with the police.
User guide to: Individuals referred to and supported through the Prevent Programme, England and Wales
18 November 2021A Home Office publication provides explanatory notes on the data issues and classifications that are key to the production and presentation of the Home Office's annual statistical releases, "Individuals referred to and supported through the Prevent Programme".
8 November 2021Community Care reports that the Courts and Tribunals Judiciary of England and Wales has proposed a number of changes to the family justice system to improve transparency and enhance public confidence whilst maintaining the privacy of those involved in cases.
11 October 2021
22 July 2021
- Young Justice Advisors resource launch NEW
- Anne Peaker 2022: The power of words NEW
- Am I eligible for legal aid?
- MG Forms
- How do I send money to someone in prison NEW
- What support is given to children and young people who are arrested? NEW
- What is a Serious Crime Prevention Order (SCPO) and how can I challenge it? NEW
- Guidance: Preston Prison 27 May 2022 HM Government
- Transparency data: Prison population figures: 2022 27 May 2022 HM Government
- Transparency data: Ministry of Justice Register of Board members’ interests 26 May 2022 HM Government
- Transparency data: Police Covenant Oversight Board minutes 27 May 2022 HM Government
- Policy paper: Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022: factsheets 27 May 2022 HM Government
- Guidance: Visiting the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen 27 May 2022 HM Government
Criminal Justice Hub on Twitter
- News story: Abusive partner sentenced to immediate prison term after referral by the Solicitor General 27 May 2022A Portsmouth man has been sentenced to an immediate prison term for abusing his partner.HM Government
- Guidance: Attorney General’s Guidelines on Disclosure 27 May 2022The Attorney General’s revised Guidelines on Disclosure will be effective from 25 July 2022.HM Government
Helping you to navigate the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales.