Skip to content Skip to main menu Skip to utility menu

Prisons and probation

Listing page 3

What will happen to my children if I go to prison?  Task

Child support, visitation and custody can be affected if you’re in prison. The other parent can become the custodial parent, even if only temporarily while the other person remains in jail or prison.

When will a young person be given a custodial sentence?  Task  How do I? 

People under 18 get different sentences from adults depending on the crime committed. These include discharges, fines, referral orders, youth rehabilitation orders and custodial sentences.